The Sidebar is where I share projects I have been part of and interesting items I might come across on the web. It's like the variety store.
ITEMS OF INTEREST
Innovation in Motion
This monthly Meetup is a must for anyone interested in the intersection of innovation, technology and marketing, and networking with others in this world. It's grown quite rapidly under the stewardship of Kevin Long, Marketing VP for Crowd Compass, and now includes several sponsors and a monthly sellout crowd of 100+. More info
He may be a marketing guru, but his best value comes from ideas, many of which he gives away for free — insight into marketing, business and education. His daily blog posts help keep anyone thinking forward.
Quirky, for the inventor in you
I discovered this site while reading one of my favorite magazines (the print version even), Fast Company. One of those platforms for invention that can only come about in this new era of technology and mind-sharing, Quirky is the place where crowdsourcing brings ideas to market, and everyone benefits. For the artist in everyone.
Click the link above to view projects to support in Portland, OR.
- Assisting the development of The NETWORK, Inc simulation games into a web-based experience.
- Co-organizer of Voices for Silent Disasters - a Mercy Corps fundraiser/ concert series that brought in $70K
- A founding volunteer coordinator (7 years) of the Portland Jazz Festival - was Transportation Coorindator, Hospitality Coordinator, Stage Manager, Marketing & Communications Manager
- Event organizer and consultant for non-profit fundraising including Laugh for Livability
- Climbed a little mountain named Mt. Rainier.
- Solo-sailed on 18 feet from Olympia, WA to Canada's Gulf Islands.